As experts in home standby power, we are in the best possible position to install your Generac system quickly, professionally, and cost-effectively. We encourage you to take advantage of our free Buyer’s Guide. You will get a no-obligation quote including the generator system and installation costs. If you decide to go ahead, installation is fast and easy.
4 steps for home generator installation
STEP 1: Choose a location
- An in-home consultation will help you pick a location for the generator
The location should meet these Guidelines:
- A stable, well-drained area that will not flood
- The room around the generator for the technician and maintenance personnel
- Keep in mind homeowners association and community restrictions when choosing a site.
Approximate Clearances to keep in mind:
- 45 cm from the house
- 1.5 m from doors, windows, and fresh air intakes
- 1m in front of the generator for servicing room
The closer the site is to a natural gas line and the electric meter, the more you can save on installation costs for your home 50 Hz Home backup generator.
STEP 2: Installation
- Prepare the site with a concrete slab or pea gravel
- Place generator on the concrete slab/ gravel
STEP 3: Connecting fuel and electrical
- Fuel line is connected
- Transfer switch installed next to the main breaker box
- The transfer switch senses where the power is coming from and when to switch over to generator power
STEP 4: Outage simulation
- Technician checks that everything works as it should
- Set up weekly self-test to ensure everything continues to function as normal